I have a 10 AWG (5.26MM2) 4 C 300040*C TO 90*C F12 water resistant line that was used to power an old tanning bed. It plugs directly into the wall outlet that that is ran from the breaker box to a 30 amp breaker and was hard wired into the old tanning bed with 4 wires just like the cord. The new tanning bed had a (UL) E-111452 12/3 SJTOW 105* C 300WFT-2 Water Resistant --- CSA LL-81601 12AWG (8.8 1-MM)78 i THINK With a 3 prong plug. Can I use the old 10 gage wire and make an outlet for the new tanning bed plug. Does that make sense.

  • Should work in principle; change the appliance plug, no need to mess with anything on the walls unless you really want to. You may want some help wiring it up, though. – Harper Jun 2 '18 at 17:06
  • It voids my warranty if I cut the plug off – Teena L Shaw Jun 2 '18 at 17:19
  • What is the nameplate rating of the equipment. Should be in amperage with a voltage, or a wattage . – Retired Master Electrician Jun 2 '18 at 17:25
  • I don't understand the question. You describe an existing outlet protected by a 30A breaker. What needs to be changed to plug in the new bed? Are you trying to use the old bed's wire as an extension cord? – isherwood Jun 2 '18 at 17:29
  • 1
    It would probably help to post photos of the wall receptacle, the old and new cord, and the informational nameplate (with amps and watts and stuff) on the new appliance, or at least its exact make and model number. – Harper Jun 2 '18 at 17:50

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.