I live in a high-rise. This high-rise is right next to the highway, so there's a ton of noise.

I have double-paned "outside" windows, but then I have this removable inner-frame. Window, side view

It uses these brackets to hold it in place: Bracket With these brackets, I can "lift" the window and it slides right out.

The entire thing looks like this: Entire window

  • I think you are describing a double-pane outside window plus an single-pane inside window that is removable. Which of these are you asking to identify? For the double-pane have you looked along the Al between the panes for etched markings? – Stanwood Jun 1 '18 at 12:40
  • How does this relate to Home Improvement? What problem or issue are you trying to solve by knowing what type of window this is? – Jimmy Fix-it Jun 1 '18 at 16:17
  • @JimmyFix-it A couple things: – Sargun Dhillon Jun 2 '18 at 18:32
  • @JimmyFix-it I'm trying to figure out how to buy more of these -- they do acoustic dampening, and not all my windows are like this. – Sargun Dhillon Jun 2 '18 at 18:51
  • @JimmyFix-it I'm also trying to tint these windows. If I can remove the inner panel and disassemble it safely, tinting becomes 1000x easier. If I can't, well, shit. – Sargun Dhillon Jun 2 '18 at 18:52

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.