I was needing to replace female end on extension cord. The existing female end is made to accept 3 plugs on that end. Do replacement ends like that exist or will it have to be converted to just a single plug on the female end.

  • 1
    You’ll have to replace it with a single. They have short cords like 3’ that you can then plug in. If you have a garden variety 16gauge cord, it may be cheaper to replace the entire cord. For a quality female cord cap and a 3foot adapter your going to spend more than a new garden variety cord. This however changes quickly the heavier duty and longer the original cord was. Shop both the parts you need and the new cords and compare. – Tyson May 24 '18 at 1:34
  • It is a 25 ft, 15 amp, 12 ga cord. – georgia-guy May 24 '18 at 15:59
  • For the level of effort involved, simply replacing the cord seems like an easier option to me. – The Evil Greebo Jun 6 '18 at 10:39

It would be called a "replacement triple tap" and you might try asking an electrical supply shop if they have any. Seems like they used to be made, but not anymore for compliance reasons.

Otherwise, a "triple tap adapter" is the solution Tyson is suggesting.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.