Sorry if this is a duplicate, thanks in advance!

I am trying to clean up under the rim of my toilet near where the jets are, and I can't reach a finger or rigid brush up there.

There may be a better way, but does anyone know whether there is a tool like the one described in the subject line above? I am looking for something that I could reach through the narrow slit between the rim and wall of the toilet, then scrape across the surface.

Thank you!

  • 1
    There are kitchen spatulas that are flexible. If you can't find one the right size, you could cut one down to size. There are also plastic putty knives. Or, wrap a thin scouring pad over a putty knife.
    – fixer1234
    May 20 '18 at 22:13
  • It sounds like a flexible brush like a test tube cleaner might work. May 21 '18 at 0:29
  • Another trick if you have hard water deposits: pour vinegar straight down the tank overflow tube and then wait a few hours. Next, use the test tube brush @MatthewGauthier mentions on the rim holes.
    – Tyson
    May 21 '18 at 2:21
  • once you use a steam cleaner, you won't ever consider another method of cleaning disgusting soiled crannys in non-porous surfaces; it blasts the gunk right out without elbow grease or precision movements.
    – dandavis
    May 21 '18 at 19:44

This sounds like a disposable foam paint brush

foam brush

Images and links are illustrative only, not an endorsement of goods or sources

  • Thanks to bib for the answer as well as fixer1234, Matthew Gauthier and Tyson 12 for their comments (which I consider just as good)!
    – capet
    May 21 '18 at 15:13

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.