So this connection sprung a leak sometime over the winter, I need to add tape to it or replace the connector. How can I get the metal loops off? They aren't the kind that has a screw to loosen/tightenenter image description here

enter image description here

  • 1
    It’s crimp on, you just destroy them to remove. You can replace with the screw type. – Tyson May 8 '18 at 1:44
  • How do I get them off though? – easycheese May 8 '18 at 1:46
  • 1
    Sometime you can get ahold of the joint with channelocks and twist and they release... other times it’s more painful. Worst case use a dremel tool and cut them off. – Tyson May 8 '18 at 1:49
  • 1
    they are probably one of these .... amazon.com/421376-STAINLESS-STEEL-CRIMP-RING/dp/B003OL6BXW .... cut off the raised tab – jsotola May 8 '18 at 1:49
  • 1
    Sometimes you just cut the pipe, lose an inch, replace the fitting be done with it. – Tyson May 8 '18 at 1:58

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.