This looks like a type H-39, but I can't tell if it's 125V, or 250V. A coworker sent the picture and they didn't test for voltage. Is there anyway to tell what kind it is without testing it? Is it even an H-39?


enter image description here

  • Could you get a better picture? That image is so dark and blurry that it is hard to make out the socket. But it looks closest to the H-39 (outward tab and longer hole next to it.)
    – Jon
    May 1 '18 at 20:26
  • 1
    that matches rows 1 & 2
    – jsotola
    May 1 '18 at 20:36
  • This is the only picture he took. I agree that it matches rows 1 & 2, but I was wondering if there was a way to determine if it's 250V or 125V without testing with a DMM. I don't believe it's possible.
    – EEKeefe
    May 2 '18 at 11:32
  • What is the diameter of the outlet , I have some of these at my plant same pinout with both 125 /250v amperages 20-50 range. If in a residence I would be expecting 240v, if in a older business it could be low voltage 3 phase.
    – Ed Beal
    May 2 '18 at 16:26

From everything I can find 1 and 2 are the same receptacle. It's just a matter of application enter image description here

enter image description here

So in answer to your question NO. you need to test it to find out it's apllication.

Sorry I couldn't be of any help.

  • That's what I was thinking was the answer too. Thank's for the help!
    – EEKeefe
    May 2 '18 at 18:00

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.