Given the estimates i have been provided, I am going to try to do it myself. Here is what i came up with as the step by step method
- Dig a trench (4”x6”) along foundation.
- Dig a 24” sump pit for putting the basin
- Make sure the trench is sloping so that the water flows towards the basin
- Put Landscaping cloth in the trench
- Put perforated pipe with holes facing down in the trench
- Wrap the cloth around the pipe
- Fill it with river gravel
- Also, fill the sump pit with river gravel around the basin
- Now, do the basic plumbing to with backflow to push the water in the cement gutter outside home.
I am confused about the following. Can you please help me understand these.
- What to do with the ends. How to cap the end of perforated pipe?
- Do I need to put river gravel in the trench and then put pipe and then fill again with gravel?
- Does each sump pump need a dedicated circuit of 20Amp?
- Do I need to perforate the basin from bottom
Please feel free to modify my steps and let me know if I am going wrong somewhere