I am putting a new bathroom light and fan combo in my bathroom. I already have a light above the mirror of the bathroom that provides light for the rest of the area.
However the fan/light combo I hope / want to be above the shower / bath area as its very dark without the bathroom light. The bathroom is an odd shape, kinda like the number 4 flipped.
Rough sketch using Excel below, I tried to label things to get a general idea. There is little I can do about the layout of the bathroom, though the picture is roughly to scale.
What my question is, is possibly a couple things. Based on the layout and potential placement, is this "ok" to place a fan/light combo there? I am not asking for building code, which varies and has some general exceptions. My question is if people have found any issues with fan/light combos within the shower/bath area? Should this be on a GFCI? What additional things should I put there to make sure there is no issues with moisture and the electric (the building code mentioned something, but it didn't make sense to me and I have never heard of that)?
Some notes about the layout....
- 11ft ceilings (except above toilet - slope to match stairs going from 4 to 11ft)
- Red Circle = Potential Fan/Light placement
- S = Sink w/ mirror and lights
- Cl (orange) = Built in closet / storage area
- WC = Water Closet / Toilet (Green Circle)
- W = Glass Block Window in the shower/bath area
- The yellow highlighted area is lights in/on the wall with a mirror and the sink
- Opposite of the yellow lights at the bottom is where the door is to enter, and the toilet
- where the door is, is where the toilet is
- The wall behind the toilet has stairs