There are some holes in the brickwork on the outside of my house from unneeded cable clips, anchors and DIY jobs gone bad.

Nothing structurally significant but I do want to achieve a cleaner look.

Maybe some paste I can smear over the holes? If there is such a thing, how is it called so I can buy some? Or maybe I can make something myself?


  • Do you want it to be red rather than just using some mortar touch up material? I think using mortar would look fine.
    – JPhi1618
    Apr 6 '18 at 13:56
  • of course it has to be red. Ideally something I can mix in some paint to come closer to the surrounding color Apr 6 '18 at 14:14

I would find color-matched urethane caulk. You'd be able to easily apply it with the nozzle and it's dead-reliable. Companies that make fibercement siding often have an array of colors available.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.