just hoping for some advice on how to repair this?

Not sure what the material even is but is paneling of some sort on the stairs. Was drunk and stumbled down my elbow few out and went through rather easily.

I have no DIY knowledge or experience so fingers crossed for some hep!! Thanks.

enter image description here

  • 1
    Look into repairing drywall. The process would be similar. – isherwood Apr 2 '18 at 16:14
  • Like this question. – hlovdal Apr 2 '18 at 20:18

If that is a painted surface, one approach would be

  • Cleanly cut out the damaged area using a utility knife, jab-saw or similar tools.
  • Clean up the edges. Perhaps using sandpaper.
  • Fill the void using expanding foam.
  • Cut-off the excess foam using something like a filling knife.
  • Apply a surface filler and allow to harden.
  • Sand absolutely flat.
  • Paint.

If that isn't a painted surface you'll probably never get an invisible repair without replacing the whole panel.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.