What is that wide-diameter fitting in my 2" PVC stack?

It's in the way of the hardwood floor and the drywall. Can it be effectively removed?

enter image description here

  • I can't be positive but I think it is a check valve. I would not remove it - perhaps lower it a few inches but do not remove it. Prevents back flow. – Ken Apr 2 '18 at 9:26
  • What's the pipe for? Apparently it isn't a typical drain stack, which wouldn't require a check valve, which is apparently needed here for some reason. – isherwood Apr 2 '18 at 14:16

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.