It’s true. I’m telling you I’ve seen them. It’s a masonry screw with the typical triangular tip seen on all masonry drill bits. I saw them in the van of one of the utility companies here in town and was blown away. I went to Fastenal and they didn’t have them. I googled it a little bit and couldn’t find anything. Does anyone know what I’m talking about and where I can buy these things? I’m sure they’re expensive but it’s worth to me to be able to skip the pre drilling step altogether.

  • 2
    Never seen or heard of them, I don't know it could ever work, the concrete dust has to have somewhere to go and the threads will not allow that to happen. – Jack Mar 24 '18 at 20:10
  • Call the utility company. – Alaska Man Mar 24 '18 at 21:16

you probably saw something like this

these are for metal, not masonary

enter image description here


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.