I live in Germany and would like to replace the top of a kitchen "table":
I am thinking of taking a rather inexpensive wood board from birch or beech:
Of course I'd need to paint it. I though of using a lacquer of some sort:
As a second thought, this comes into my mind:
but I am neither very excited about the way it looks, not how it feels to touch, nor antything.
- Comments on general worktop made of birch or beech?
- Is birch or beech better?
- Comments on the two types of lacquers I am think about?
- What lacquers would you recommend?
- What's the impact of the lacquers on surfaces that touch all kinds of foods that eventually come to our stomachs?