I know a lot of posts have been made on this topic, but, I have tried everything. I wanted to move my hot water tank from the first floor of my house to the crawl space. My old unit was performing well, but, the plumber I hired recommended a new unit (mine was 12 years old). Prior to replacement, my hot water worked perfectly!! We could take three showers back to back with no issues at all. Now, with a new unit, I can't even make it through one shower before it gets cold. During the one shower, I constantly turn the hot know to increase the temp until it just gets cold on me. I have taken the following steps:
- Replaced the new HW unit with the same size (38 gallons), number of elements (2), and wattage as the old unit
- Checked the dip tube in the new unit
- Replaced the elements (with genuine factory parts)
- Adjusted the thermostat to 120
- Replaced all the stems in faucets with a one handle (mixing stems).
I have already dropped 1500 dollars on the unit and stems including labor costs. Please advise.