I have what I believe is referred to as ENT conduit (smurf tube?). How does one terminate this type of conduit where the tube meets the drywall? I was looking for some sort of grommet, but I can't find anything that fits the bill.

There are 10 cat5 cables that need to go out of the conduit, through a hole in the drywall and to my patch panel. I just don't want an ugly hole in the drywall.

  • Is there a reason you aren't putting network sockets in the wall and using patch cables to jumper them to the patch panel? – ThreePhaseEel Mar 13 '18 at 1:28

Run the conduit itself through the drywall so that you can secure it to something such as a wall stud, using a pipe clamp. Use a plumbing escutcheon to close off the hole. I'd recommend caulking around the conduit at the drywall intersection to prevent the drywall from fraying and leaving dust particles behind.

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.