1

I just moved into a new flat and there seems to be some black spots in the kitchen sink(image attached).Is this black mold?How can I get rid of them safely?enter image description here

PS: There is some black mold lining on the wall in the outer edge of the sink.And I am allergic to bleach

Update : I tried scrubbing it today with dish soap and it washed away very easily. I am now more worried if that could be mold or just dirt/buildup :(

  • 1
    Mold would wash right off that surface. Have you tried? – isherwood Feb 20 '18 at 1:46
  • Have you tried scrubbing power? – Jim Stewart Feb 20 '18 at 15:23
  • Please don't call it an allergy. It's sensitivity to bleach. acaai.org/allergies/types/allergy-myths/chlorine-allergy . – Jeffrey Feb 20 '18 at 20:33
  • I tried scrubbing it with dish soap and it washed away very easily. I am now more worried if that could be mold or just dirt/buildup :( – Sahoo Mar 11 '18 at 13:49
1

Since you are allergic to bleach get some hydrogen peroxide. It will kill mold and mildew. I purchase my Hydrogen peroxide at a local chemical supply house and dilute to 3% with water. Remember when using concentrated hydrogen peroxide always add it to the water to dilute. Then spray or wipe down and let it sit for a few minutes and rinse. It may brighten the sink enamel if stained so be prepared to do the entire sink. I learned this sanitizing trick when working for a hospital, no bleach smell and it kills the nastys.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.