I live in the Midwest. Sometimes I clean things with a bleach solution (probably about 12:1 to 24:1 water:bleach), and end up with a bucket of solution. Now I have about 1/2 gallon of water+bleach+dirt. Let's assume that I already have the bucket of solution.
Is there an amount of time that I can leave it out before it becomes close to "harmless" to dump it down my shower drain? I am concerned about my fixtures but more for the environment.
I have heard people say that it breaks down eventually into harmless chemicals, but I have also heard that it never does.