I have hung a punching bag weighing about 100 pounds in my unfinished basement. I just want to make sure that the setup would not harm my basement in any way.
- The boards are 2*6 lumber
- The screws I used to hang the boards are 3.5 inches long (8 per board)
- This is the heavy bag hanger
- This is the heavy duty spring
Answers that I am interested in:
Would this setup
- Cause any sort of damage to the basement?
- be able to hold punches on the bag?
- When I did not use the spring, it caused a lot of vibration. Would that be damaging?