I have separate heating (hot water) and air handler (cooling System). The current thermostat I'm using is a Honeywell RTH2300B and the new one I want to install is a Honeywell Wifi RTH6580WF1001.
The current system allows me to toggle between heat and cooling and so will the new one but the old thermostat didn't require a common wire but the New one does. Both systems have 24 volt power and I have an extra wire that I can use for that but the question is witch system do I take The 24 volt power from.
I would like to take it from my boiler as it is also my water heater so it is powered on all year round but I can leave power to my air handler on also.
- The Green -G wire goes to the G on the Air Handler
- The Yellow -Y wire goes to the Y terminal on the Air Handler.
- The White -W wire goes to a zone valve on the Boiler.
- The Red-R wire goes to a zone valve on the Boiler.
- The Brown -Rc Terminal wire goes to the R terminal on the Air Handler.
Can anybody help me?