I have a three gang box, dimmable, switch, switch. I want to use a wifi capable switch, but it comes with all three switches in a single gang switch. How do you use the existing 3 gang box with only one gang switch now?

  • more specifically, a coverplate to make it look right.
    – Jay
    Commented Jan 23, 2018 at 18:48

2 Answers 2


The simplest way is to install blanks into the unneeded openings, they are commercially available:

enter image description here


Get a switch plate that has 2 blank spaces in it, like this one (link for illustration only, not a recommendation):

switch cover

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.