I'll be leaving a home vacant in the Houston, TX area when the average high is in the mid 90s and humidity is high. I have a few questions regarding "summerizing" my home to prepare:
- All heating appliances (furnace, stove, water heater) are gas. Do I need to shut off the gas to the entire house?
- Should I drain and shut off the water heater completely or just turn the temperature way down?
- What temperature should I leave the air conditioner set to? Or should I change it periodically (I have a 7-day programmable thermostat)?
- Should I shut off the water in general? If so, any additional prep for faucets/showers/toilets/fridge?
- I plan to leave the fridge on, should I just leave it as is or let it run at a higher temperature?