This question already has an answer here:

Which is better to use for securing a TV to the wall?

marked as duplicate by mmathis, JPhi1618, ThreePhaseEel, Daniel Griscom, Machavity Jan 23 '18 at 13:53

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

  • 2
    I think this answer covers your question. Short answer, STUDS. – bib Jan 18 '18 at 12:49
  • We like question to show that the asker has done some research. What drywall anchors are you considering? What type of mount? How big is the TV? As asked, the question is too broad for us to give a definitive answer. – JPhi1618 Jan 18 '18 at 16:57

Hit the studs, do not trust drywall anchors to hold up a TV.

  • Agreed. However you think they would make a universal TV mount with some sort of slide extender for the holes to line up with studs in all homes with drywall. – Victor Dean Jan 18 '18 at 13:13
  • 1
    They do, unless your studs are really far apart. – mbeckish Jan 18 '18 at 13:36
  • @VictorDean Many (most? all?) TV mounts have several sets of elongated holes which allows most installations to hit at least 1 stud with 2 bolts. Depending on the size of the mount and the stud spacing, many can get all 4 bolts into studs. – mmathis Jan 18 '18 at 15:46

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.