- I removed a light switch/dimmer from the wall because the light was flickering
- The wires in the wall were live and exposed
- The wires in the wall accidentally touched each other, causing the circuit breaker to trip
- After hooking the dimmer back up, it doesn't work at all
- All other wires/outlets in the room still have power - including the fan which was connected to 2 of the same wires
Are the wires that touched now "dead" because they were short circuited?
What would it take to fix it so that the light switch has power again (for now I don't care if it flickers, I just want it to power on, period)?
Note: I will most likely call an electrician but I was hoping to get an idea of how big of a job this will be. e.g. will it require him to replace the entire wiring in the wall?