I just moved into this rental house in November and am trying to get a second garage door opener to work.
There's an existing working KLIK3U-BK model, so I ordered a second one of those. But none of the programming instructions I've tried work for me:
- The opener itself says "press the learn button, then press & hold the remote button" until the learn button blinks.
- Internet search shows "press the learn button, then press & hold the remote button for 3 seconds" then try the remote.
- A previous search said "press the learn button" then try the remote button 4 or 6 or 8 times and it will start to work depending on the model on one of those presses.
None of this works at all. Should I:
- wipe the programming of all remotes from the opener first? (This will be bad if I can't get the existing one working again).
- Try a different model of the remote like the 953EV?
Any other ideas? Having one remote for 2 cars is cramping our style a bit ...