enter image description here

I'm trying to repair a wall and need to know what type of texture this is. Thank you.

  • 1
    It looks like it was put on with a sponge.
    – Ed Beal
    Jan 3, 2018 at 19:41
  • are there fibers embedded in the surface?
    – jsotola
    Jan 4, 2018 at 8:13

1 Answer 1


It is not specific so it is a matter of trial and error. Various sponges but also mops are used. It also depends on pressure and movement of the tool. My builder called it "Stomp" and says he always uses the same painter who has sponge that is decades old so he can make matching alterations later.

  • Practice a bit first. I've seen "learn as you go" jobs, and they are seldom pretty. Jul 22, 2018 at 4:11

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.