I’m moving into a my new home and fixing things that I can. Does anyone know what kind of light bulb I need for this ceiling fan light ? My best guess is a T4 based on googling but the slot has a meta connector in each side. It also reads 500w

enter image description hereenter image description here

  • FYI I believe there are now LED's to fit those old halogen fixtures. – agentp Dec 29 '17 at 20:16
  • Yes they do make led's in the R7S style. I am not sure if they go up to 500w equivelent but I have purchased some 300 equivelent for work lights waiting to see how they hold up on portable lamps. – Ed Beal Dec 31 '17 at 20:19

I believe this is a 118mm j-type long / r7s base halogen lamp they do come in 500w , but also smaller 300,150,100 & 50w. When installing a halogen use the packing material or a clean tissue to hold the lamp. Finger oils cause the lamp to overheat and sometimes explode.

| improve this answer | |
  • Thank you so much ed. I’ll give this a try and this gives me a great starting point. – Omar Ruvalcaba Dec 31 '17 at 17:38

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.