I'm trying to drill two pieces of wood similar to the angled pieces marked in blue. However, I'm not sure how to clamp these and can't drill them straight without the wood slipping. What's the best way to join them? enter image description here

  • 1
    You may have better success asking this at woodworking.stackexchange.com
    – mmathis
    Commented Dec 29, 2017 at 14:06

1 Answer 1


As the diagram mentions "pocket screws" you typically drill those type of holes using a pocket hole jig. Here is one of the more popular ones, available from various outlets: Kreg Pocket Hole jig https://www.homedepot.com/p/Kreg-Jig-Pocket-Hole-System-R3/202269070

You can clamp the jig to the material and it holds the drill bits at the proper angles to easily drill the holes where you want them.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.