i just recently open a wall in my basement but there is a post on the center of the wall that Im contemplating on removing. So, my idea was to apply a steel plate to the side of the beam and some adjustable post on each side of the beam, ill take any input on this thanks


When contemplating removing structural supports where removal improperly might destroy your house, the only sensible path is to hire an engineer to assess what a suitable structurally sound replacement for the support you want to remove is.

Otherwise, leave the post in place.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.