enter image description here

I would like to repair this floor lamp. The piece in the picture has snapped but I’ve no idea what it’s called to get a new part. Can anyone help?

  • Replace the entire socket with a new one the threads are usually 1/4" pipe but those look larger to me , I haven't purchased a lamp socket in a while but they are usually less than 10$ for a switched version.
    – Ed Beal
    Commented Dec 11, 2017 at 19:48

1 Answer 1


Pendant lamp holder or Pendant socket (or perhaps Pendant lamp socket, you never can tell what mixture of words will work best when there's a choice.) That's a very typical stock design with the large threads to hold the shade. As Ed says, you replace the whole thing.

If you can't find one with threads on the back end (since pendant can mean "hanging by a cord" as well as just "designed to hang down", drop the "pendant" but then you have to sort out the ones with the large threads to hold the shade.

Here's an example in black: enter image description here

And one in white that looks similar to yours: enter image description here


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.