My question is about what to do after the malfunctioning washing machine flooded the basement. We tried an acid stain on the 'concrete' floor. It failed. We followed with two coats of epoxy pain. It failed. A 'concrete' expert examined the floor and found it was gypcrete. Also there are cracks in the subfloor and a coring showed no moisture barrier or gravel base. The discarded floorings showed no sign of moisture or mold.
Research shows gypcrete lacks the chemicals for an acid stain reaction so we understand the failure (maybe). But, what are floor options now?