Can someone tell me if this plumbing is acceptable? Looks like some type of vent. I am plumbing newb. sink bath tub


Looks like an air admittance valve (AAV). They are allowed in some areas. You'd have to check with local building codes, to know if they're allowed where you are. Your local building department should be able to tell you, but I would suspect they are allowed (unless the plumbing was installed by an amatuer).

  • Does it require any maintenance ?
    – ecco88
    Nov 21 '17 at 13:33
  • Also I don’t see how air is being admitted in - especially the bottom example
    – ecco88
    Nov 21 '17 at 14:36
  • @ecco88 the second image is a "drum trap". Sorry I didn't realize you were asking about both fittings.
    – Tester101
    Nov 21 '17 at 14:51

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.