One of my kitchen cabinet's hinges broke. Luckily I found a replacement part on the original manufacturer's website (#50 90-degree hinge).

Quaker Maid #50 90-degree hinge, closed Quaker Maid #50 90-degree hinge, open

However it's $33 and not the exact same dimensions, so I'd need to drill out the hole to make it larger.

Should I just buy them, or are there other options that might be better? Perhaps different hinges, or an alternate seller?


Remove one and see if you can get a part number and manufacturer name. That will narrow your search. Usually companies like Rockler (who sells hardware for cabinets) have a wider choice available than a big box store.

  • Does the OP have to replace both hinges although only one broke?
    – wsw
    Apr 15 '15 at 15:33

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.