We just bought a new construction home. We have some trash in our garage bin that does have a potent smell, but I assumed it'd stay confined to the garage. This evening while putting my daughters to bed, I noticed I could smell the trash faintly throughout their room - I could smell it enough to know it was the trash from the garage though.
It seems if the vapors from a trash bin can reach through their floor (literally directly above the garage -- we can feel the garage door vibrate in their floor), other more harmful vapors (co2 from the car? vapors from hot water heater?) could seep in too.
Should I be concerned about this?