Bought a bidet with 1/2 inch Supply line

Bidet 1/2 inch supply line I need to connect it with Toilet which has 3/8 inch line

3/8 inch line

I assume I need a Tee to connect it. But need help as it wouldn't be a regular 3/8 or 1/2 inch Tee. Probably need a 3/8 to 1/2 inch adapter.

Confused!! Need help.

  • Yep. Your local hardware store has entire walls of this type of thing. Have you checked? – isherwood Sep 25 '17 at 17:40
  • They have 3/8 Tee's. But none of them able to find a 3/8 F to 1/2 M inch adapter. I wonder if I am thinking it all wrong. May be a better alternative? – Derek Sep 25 '17 at 18:50
  • Maybe look for a supply line that does the conversion. – isherwood Sep 25 '17 at 18:52
  • I suspect.... perhaps you do not reallllly want to convert from 3/8 to 1/2? If the bidet has 1/2" connection, it probably wants the pressure associated with a 1/2" supply. Go 3/8" and you will not get the performance the unit was designed for. – noybman Sep 26 '17 at 0:59

You can use an ordinary 3/8 tee, with a 3/8 outlet on the side and then add a supply line that has 3/8 on that end and 1/2 on the end attached to the bidet. Here's a link to one example: Brasscraft 3/8 to 1/2 inch FIP faucet connector

| improve this answer | |
  • Or a valve that has 2ea 3/8" ports with the supply line you linked to would work, I don't like having T's just more places to leak. – Ed Beal Mar 13 '18 at 14:58

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.