I just took my basin apart to replace the broken waste only to find the replacement I bought (the only unslotted waste with the click clack mechanism I wanted at a length the same as the old one to reduce the plumbing required)

Is there a part/nut I can buy to deal with the fact that the thread stops 2 inches from the top? (My basin is a about a 0.5 inch thick.

enter image description here


Use a piece of tubular material (like a cut section of pipe), along with a couple large washers, as a spacer.

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.