My 2000 Hotsprings Sovereign will not heat at all.
- Installed all new filters.
- Installed new 1.5kw/6kw replacement heater.
- Unhooked all hoses to make sure of no air locks.
- Circulation pump working properly with great flow coming from outlet in bottom of spa.
- Jet pump works great.
Further troubleshooting performed:
- Unhooked the heater from relay box and have 240 volts across both connections.
- Check ohms on heater with a reading of 10.4 ohms. Heater checks OK.
- Unhooked both thermistors with power off and T-Stat thermistor reads 9.9k Ohms and the Hi-limit thermistor reads 8.6K ohms.
I saw where ohms on thermistors should be around 10K. Higher if colder and lower if hotter. Ambient temp here today was 76 deg.
The Lowest digital reading on control panel is 80 deg. If I leave it at 80 the green light comes on "READY". When I turn it to 81 deg or higher, the light goes out. (it won't heat at all).