I'm converting my two car garage into a home theater and was seeking some advice on the cheapest way to heat, cool, and dehumidify the room. Here are some details:
- Garage was once a model home office so the walls, ceiling, and garage door are insulated.
- Dimensions are about 20' x 20' x 10'.
- The garage has no windows.
- The garage has attic access.
- I live in Austin, Texas. Temperatures range from triple digits down to occasional freezing.
I'm am most concerned about the cooling and dehumidification. I can use an electric heater if need be to warm the garage during the winter. Since I will have sensitive home theater equipment in the garage, it will be important that the garage remain within a normal room temperature and humidity level. I'm trying to keep the project within $1500 but I'm afraid that may be out of reach...
I have central air and heating in a small 2200 sqft home.