My dryer recently started turning off during its cycle (after 20-30ish minutes), including the (digital) control panel being completely unresponsive. After 30-60 minutes, it will work again normally and shut off.
The dryer is a Samsung DV350AEG/XAC 04.
I've read this is indicative of a motor failure, but I'm not clear on the reason or why this is causing the control panel to go dead also (as opposed to indicating an error code of some sort).
Here's the wiring diagram:
- Heater circuit overall resistance is ~9Ω (measured between (2) and (3))
- TH2 and TH3 cut-offs seem to be okay, at ~0Ω (measured between (1) and (2))
- Motor circuit overall resistance is ~2.08Ω (measured between (4) and (7) with door closed), however immediately after it malfunctioned I measured it at 2.4Ω
- TH1 cut-off seem to be okay, at ~0Ω (measured between (5) and (6))
- Door switch is functioning properly
- Voltage is fine (L1-L2 is ~240V, L1 or L2 to N or G are ~120V, and N to G is 0V)
I did find an shocking amount of lint in the bottom, but the motor itself certainly wasn't coated to the point I would think it would overheat. I cleaned all of this out (used compressed air for the motor windings) but it's still cutting out.
Is there anything else I should check?