I have typical replacement windows that are about ten years old in my house. My boys managed to break one of the piece pictured below. (Actually, I've pictured the one that isn't broken).

This piece screws in at the bottom of the window, and allows the window to pivot so that you can easily clean the outside. It also is essential for the window to stay up.

I'm sorry that I don't have much vocabulary to talk about these things.

My question is: what is this piece, and how do I find a replacement?

piece I can't identify

1 Answer 1


There are a lot of products that fall under the terms "window sash balance pivot bar" and many different sizes as well.

enter image description here

Perhaps you will be able to measure yours to match more precisely the ones available. On the outside chance that the image shows your item, it was located on aawindow.com

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.