I am trying to put some anchors into the drywall so I have something to bracket a bookcase to. They don't have to hold much weight, just stop it from swaying during an earthquake.
I've tried several spots, and whatever I use (nail, drill) goes through the drywall at the rate you'd expect, and then after about 3/4", BAM, hits a sudden resistance.
Since I've already mapped out the studs I'm not sure what I'm hitting here...
Below is what I know:
- 4th floor, apartment
- Other side of wall is unknown, though, could be bathroom.
- Building re-built in the last 16mos due to fire.
- Stud finder indicates studs, though not consistently. They appear to be 16" apart.
- The four blue tape marks in the center are areas where the stud finder indicated.
- Additional images at: http://imgur.com/a/FrEyc