I do not have experience hanging doors and I would like to understand how to evaluate an installed door replacement. Any list of good checks / verification is appreciated. My gut tells me this is a fine art and that there may be a few not so obvious checks that come only with experience. If you have hung 10+ doors please state this in your reply.
- Plumb, level, square.
- On plane (not necessarily with respect to the wall, which may be twisted or otherwise distorted).
- Uniform, appropriate gaps.
- Solid attachment, especially at the hinges and strike plate.
- Smooth, quiet operation with no gravity-induced movement.
- Proper weather sealing, where appropriate.
Experience claim: Hundreds (thousands?) of interior and exterior doors installed or refurbished over 30 years.