I have an oven that was installed prior to moving into the property. It was connected to a regular UK plug socket via a regular plug. Recently power to the oven has been cutting out and it sounded like a dodgy connection within the socket (sounds of sparks while flipping the switch on and off). Today I have changed the socket but it took a great deal of effort to remove the oven plug, as I can see the N prong looks corroded, and the socket shows signs of melting in the corresponding position.
Is this likely to be a dodgy socket or is it possible that it's unsafe wiring? Is it safe to plug the oven into a regular wall socket? The power cable happens to be 4 wired even though only 3 are used, making me suspect a bodge job.
From the manual, the oven needs 220-240V 50Hz, power consumption 2.3 kW, fuse min 13 A. (Plug has 13 A and no fuses tripped anywhere at any time).