I have a kitchen faucet that currently has a faulty dual mode (shower/aerator) nozzle. The nozzle has a 1/2" MIP thread.

I would like the replace the nozzle with a standard aerator, but my local hardware store tells me that such a thing doesn't exist (i.e. 1/2" MIP aerator).

Is this so? Any way to adapt a normal aerator to the thread I have?


  • The link was just a sample of a quick search, I saw items in amazon and other plumbing websites, and even on pinterest. So like the keebler elves, they do exist.
    – noybman
    Aug 27, 2017 at 0:51

1 Answer 1


Th MIP thread is PART of the faucet and not a separate unit you can remove? https://www.plumbingsupply.com/aerator.html

MIP/FTP/NPT..... They make converters, and also Aerators with 1/2 IP threads.

  • Thanks for that. Believe it or not, the part you found (by BrassCraft) seems to be alone in being able to convert between IPS and faucet thread. I had to get another male-to-male nipple as well, but it did the trick. :)
    – logidelic
    Sep 14, 2017 at 15:25

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.