Our rural house is located 200 yards from an interstate highway overpass. House is parralel to interstate, and overpass is located near a corner of property. How can we reduce the noise entering the yard?
- Most of the noise comes from the beneath overpass
- Eucalyptus and oak trees block about 40% visibility of the interstate
- No fencing exists between interstate and house
- Exterior wall facing the interstate reflects noise back into the yard
- Nearest neighbor is 300 yards away
- House is very quiet inside, but yard is very loud
My own ideas:
- Build up 6' berm of dirt on edge of property, close to interstate, and erect
an 8'a 7' wooden fence on top of that
- Plant a row of oleander close to interstate
- Build a fence that completely blocks visibility of overpass
- If a fence is recommended, should it be located closer to interstate, or closer to house?