I have a steam radiator in my apartment that I would like to completely remove, because:
- I want to use the space for something else
- my apartment is too warm
- it makes a loud hissing noise when it's on
Note that I've already turned the valve all the way to the off position, but it seems like some steam still leaks through.
So how would I go about removing the radiator and sealing off the valve?
I imagine the procedure is as simple as using a wrench to disconnect the radiator from the valve, and then sealing the open end of the pipe with something.
The questions I have are:
- What is the name of the item I need to seal off the open end of the valve?
- How do I determine what size of this item I need?
- Is there anything I need to do before disconnecting the radiator from the valve?
High-resolution album available here http://imgur.com/a/aPsYt
Medium sized photos: