First time home buyer looking for good advice about possibly raising a sunken 2 room addition ourselves. Wood frame, the sill is in good shape no rotting.
No warping or "cupping" of the rooms. The floors are flat, just sloping toward the backyard about 2".
The joists run parallel to the house rather than perpendicular.
Seems like they never footed these two rooms properly when they added them, as the exterior edge is resting on cinder blocks placed into the soil.
- How many footing do I need to dig?
- What size Sona tube should I use?
- Do I need to dig new footings underneath the rooms, close to the original foundation or just the outer edges near the yard?
- One of the rooms has a drop ceiling and one is a screened in porch, do I need to remove these before jacking up?
- One room has a laundry hookup on the interior wall, should that be OK?
- There is an interior window on the dividing wall above that middle support, will that be OK?