This is for U.S. based electrical in a house built in 2001.
I have a ceiling fan with a light that I am going to replace. With this new fan I want to change the 3 switch configuration down to just one.
I no longer will need two switches (Switch 1 and 2 in image below) as the one switch from the fan's manufacturer will handle all necessary functions.
I also no longer need Switch 3 as I do not want a light switch controlling power to these outlets (but the outlets still need to have power).
How am I to hook up the wiring so that I get a black and white wire connected to my new fan (it does not have a connection for the red wire), while still having constant power from Cable A (source) to Cable B (outlet), and allowing for Switch 2 to control the power to Cable C/D?
- Leave all Whites connected (A, B, and C)
- Cable C Red to Cable B Red
- Cable A Black and Cable B Black to Switch 2 Port B
- Cable C Black to Switch 2 Port A
- Cable D Black and Cable D Red to Fan Black
- Cable D White to Fan White