I just replaced the inside of my toilet and it seems that the threaded shank that the waterline is connected to is too short, so it leaks when I connect the waterline. Is there a different type of connector I can use?

  • 1
    Pictures would help. Hard to envision what you are seeing. – ArchonOSX Aug 12 '17 at 20:26
  • Maybe change the water supply hose. I assume you mean the threaded section on the fill valve is too short, right? I have never seen that. Your toilet tank must be extra thick or the washer inside must be extra thick. – Jim Stewart Aug 12 '17 at 22:49

Double and triple-check that connection isn't adjustable. May require removal of the fill kit again, sorry.

If not, you may have to go with the ol' reliable compression line we all used to have to use, before these new re-usable flex lines came into our lives...

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.