Our Jacuzzi tub faucet has both hot & cold controls on the same side. I am looking to replace it, but cannot seem to find anything like it on the net. Everything I see has the controls on either sides of the faucet & the plumber says that would not work. Does this type of faucet assembly have a special name? Where should I look?

enter image description here

Pipes underneath the spout & hot/cold knobs:

Pipes underneath the spout & hot/cold knobs

  • Please clarify why you are replacing? Are you wanting a different finish/style?, or is there something wrong with the current faucet? If so what part failed? Asking to see if current might just need parts. Have you tried a plumbing supply house or Jaccuzzi dealer?
    – Tyson
    Jul 31, 2017 at 3:38
  • What's strange about that? Lots of hot and cold knobs are right next to each other. Usually the spigot is not next to the faucet, it's nearby usally under it to some degree. Usually the spigot is mounted on the tub proper and the knobs are above it. That is to say, the spigot is not part of the valve. Also, it's time to upgrade to a temperature control valve that can't scald you. Jul 31, 2017 at 3:45
  • The spout is connected to the hot and cold valves with tubing or hoses. It could have been placed in a different location; in fact I would bet it could have been placed where that vent is, and the vent off to the right, where it would look more traditional to you (and more like the replacement faucets you have been looking at). Get a new plumber? Aug 1, 2017 at 4:51
  • @Tyson We have remodeled our bathroom and changed the other brass fixtures (most pretty worn out) with brushed nickel fixtures. I did try a few different stores - Home Depot, Lowes, Hot tub store - but they didn't have something like this.
    – user73719
    Aug 1, 2017 at 23:19
  • @JimmyFix-it Thanks for your answer. I have uploaded a picture with the pipes underneath the spout & the valves. It does seem to me that we need a set of a certain type (spout - knob- knob), but I am a newbie so could be completely wrong about this.
    – user73719
    Aug 1, 2017 at 23:31

1 Answer 1


Interesting... the original plumber piped that up him/herself (looks like good work BTW). Generally speaking, faucets for your application are typically plumbed in with flexible connections. The components are separate (hot valve, cold valve, spout) just like yours was prior to being hard plumbed. The faucet does not care either way!

Any regular Roman Tub faucet set should work for you. I would recommend flexible stainless connectors if your city inspector allows it (due to vibration from tub pump/blower). Sometimes flex is disallowed due to limited access, but this is an interpretation by the inspector and your's looks accessible to me.

This will involve "unplumbing" your faucet (I just made that word up and I officially claim it).


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.