My son is moving into campus housing and needs a portable a/c for health reasons. Is there a way to vent this unit without access to a window? I read that you can vent into a large pot of water, is

  • 5
    You should be talking the the campus housing folks if your son has special needs while attending the school. If needed work out getting a room with a suitable window,
    – Michael Karas
    Jul 28 '17 at 14:36

All portable a/c units must be vented to outside. Usually this is through a window, but some apartment buildings have ports through walls for venting portable a/c units.

The idea that one could vent it into a bucket of water is not factual. It is either an innocently spread myth or an outright hoax.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.